The data that we have stored on our phone can be split into two categories. The type of data that we don’t care too much about losing, and the type of data that we’d do anything to keep our hands-on. Unfortunately, every so often we’ll experience data loss unless you’re a part of the lucky few who have never experienced this misery. When you do experience data loss on an Android device, it’s important that you know exactly how to Backup Samsung data so that you can enjoy your lost data once more. So without further ado, let’s jump right in and take a look at some of the different methods which are available for a Samsung Galaxy backup.
- Part 1. Selectively Samsung Galaxy Data Backup
- Part 2. Top 5 Programs for Samsung Galaxy Backup
- Part 3. Using dr.fone to Backup Samsung Galaxy Phone
Part 1. Selectively Samsung Galaxy Data Backup
The first thing that we’re going to take a look at is how you are able to successfully perform a Samsung Galaxy backup while selectively choosing the data that you want to back up. Luckily, with this method, you are able to use tools which are already built-in to your Android device making it available to all Android users. So let’s take a look at the steps involved.
Step #1 – The first thing that you need to do is head over to the “Settings” menu.
Step #2 – From there, click on the “Personal” tab, followed by the “Accounts” option.
Step #3 – Select the Google account which you would like to use this method, and then tap on the types of data that you’d like to be backed up.
Step #4 – Head back to the main settings menu, and tap on the “Backup and reset” option. From here you will be able to select the different types of data that you’d like to have backed up.
This data ranges from your more important data such as your photos and contacts to less important data such as app data.
Following these steps to backup Samsung, this method comes with several benefits.
- Automatic Backups. If you find that you’re taking photos with your Android device regularly and feel that a Samsung Galaxy phone backup is beneficial to you, so that you don’t lose photos, then you are able to enable automatic backups so that your photos are backed up on a regular basis. Similarly, you can do the same with your text messages and contacts.
- SMS Backup and Restore. In the event that you want to only take backups of your text messages and other text data, then taking advantages of the “SMS Backup and Restore” application is in your best interests. This application allows you to not only backup all of your text messages, but restore them in the future too.
- Samsung Kies. Samsung Kies is the Android equivalent of iTunes, although it has proven to be a lot less well-known. To use this program for a Samsung Galaxy phone backup, simply connect your Android device using a USB cable and click on the “Data backup” tab, followed by the “Backup” button. After following the steps accordingly, you will have a backup taken of your Android device.
If you are interested in a quick, yet inconsistent, method, then take a look at some of the ones mentioned above and take your pick. However, if you’re looking for something which is more reliable and more importantly, has a lot more to offer, then read on.
Part 2. Top 5 Programs for Samsung Galaxy Backup
Rather than have you wander around the internet looking for some of the alternative pieces of software that are out there, and risk wasting your money, we’ve looked into some of the best Samsung Galaxy backup programs out there.
1. Backup Samsung Galaxy by Samsung Smart Switch. We have briefly mentioned Samsung Smart Switch above, although there are a few other things worth mentioning. Samsung Kies is a free piece of software which is compatible with both Windows and Mac computer systems. It is a program which is developed by Samsung themselves, but it has a lot more to offer than simply taking a data backup. Whether you want to selectively back up data, or maybe you want to update the device’s firmware, Samsung Kies can help you out.
2. Backup Samsung Galaxy by dr.fone – Transfer (Android). dr.fone – Transfer is without a doubt close to being the number one choice. With it, you are able not only perform a Samsung Galaxy backup with app’s data but if you are able to take care of all of your data management needs. If you purchase a new phone and are looking to transfer all of the data on your old phone, straight over to your new phone, then you are able to do exactly that with the dr.fone – Android Backup program. The only catch with this program is that a price tag is attached, although it is definitely worth it.
3. Backup Samsung Galaxy by G Cloud Backup. For a secure data transfer, G Cloud Backup may be what you’re looking for. Not only is the data transfer secure, but you are not required to have your device connected to your computer. With this cloud service, you are provided with 10GB of free storage for your backups, although if you’re looking for more storage then the premium version of this application can provide you with just that. If you’re looking for a Samsung Galaxy phone backup cloud service, this is it.
4. Backup Samsung Galaxy by Helium. As one of the most well-known applications out there for Samsung and Android users, Helium is a sure fire choice when it comes to data management. With this program, you are able to back up your data to either the device’s SD card or the computer which it is connected to. Not only that, but it is compatible with your device regardless of whether or not it has been rooted.
5. Backup Samsung Galaxy by Titanium Backup. Titanium can be considered as a global option. With consideration to the fact that it has over 21 million users and consists of 31 different languages, user accessibility is definitely a priority to the developers. With this application, you are able to easily take a backup of the data that is stored on your device.
With these 5 programs, you are undoubtedly given the freedom of choice. If you’re willing to take the risk, then feel free to go ahead and search the internet for alternative options, although these are the 5 which we felt are most effective when it comes to Samsung Galaxy phone backup. However, there is one more program that we are going to take a look at.
Part 3. Using dr.fone for Samsung Galaxy Backup
dr.fone – Backup&Restore (Android) is the option which should be considered before pondering the list above, and once you’ve taken a look at the method used as well as some of the features which it has to offer, then you’ll understand exactly why. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the method which you can use with Dr.Fone in order to successfully perform a Samsung Galaxy phone backup.
Step #1 – If you haven’t already done so, then go ahead and download the Dr.Fone program, and install it accordingly. Once you have it installed, launch the program.
Step #2 – Next, connect your Samsung or Android device to your computer using a USB cable.
Step #3 – Once you have the device connected, select the “Backup & Restore” option which is shown.
Step #4 – You will then be provided with a display which not only allows you to either backup or restore your data, but you will be shown how long it has been since you last backed up your device using the program. Click on the “Backup” option.
Step #5 – Upon doing this, you will be shown the different types of data that Dr.Fone is compatible with. Select the types of data that you’d like to have backed up, and click on the “Backup” button located at the bottom right of the display.
Step #6 – The Samsung Galaxy phone backup process will then begin and you will be shown the types of data that are being backed up as they back up.
Step #7 – Once the backup has been taken, you will be given the option to view the backup which has been taken and if you choose to do so, then you will be able to view all of the backups that you have taken of your Android device using Dr.Fone.
As you can see, with Dr.Fone the entire Android backup process doesn’t seem as scary as it did before and you are able to fulfill this method in a matter of minutes. Additionally, Dr.Fone offers several other features, including:
- Selectively backup and restore data to your Android device.
- Preview your backup before restoring it to the device.
- Secure data transfer, ensuring that no data is lost when backing up or restoring.
- 1-Click to root your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- If you’re unhappy with the program and don’t see any result at all, a 30-day money back guarantee is in place.
With these features on top of the method we discussed above, there is no reason for you not to check out the Dr.Fone Android Data Backup & Restore program.
The importance of performing a Samsung Galaxy backup is often underestimated. You never know when you will accidentally delete a file that was important, and more importantly, you never know when data loss is going to strike. With that in mind, it’s important that in order to prevent losing any data which is important to you, you take a few minutes once or twice a week and backup Samsung data (or only the important data) on your device. This way, if data loss does strike, you’ll be prepared.
#Samsung #Galaxy #Backup #Full #Guide #Backup #Samsung #Easily