How Can We Completely Format SD Card on Android Phone for Re-sell?
The SD card on the Android phone always contains a lot of personal data, like the messages, contacts, photos, audios, videos, apps and so on. These files are all of the great signification, which will cause unimaginable inconvenience to you once you lose it. Thus, it is important to erase & format SD card on Android phone before you switch to a new phone. And then, you can feel free to sell it to the others or just put it away.
Now, let’s see the common way to format Android SD card first in the following passages.
There is a built-in tool on every Android phone which can help the users to format the SD card on it. Yes, you have got it. It is in the Settings app. Now, let me walk you through the step-by-step tutorial.
Step 1. On your Android phone, go to the Settings app on the home screen.
Step 2. From the menu, you need to find the “Storage” option, and then click on it.
Step 3. Now you can easily find the tool called “Format SD Card“. Click on it so that it will start to help you format the SD card on your Android phone.
Step 4. The whole process will take you some time. You can do something else if you like. After the process, you will find all the data on your SD card on the Android phone disappear.
1. Make sure that your Android phone has been well charged because the waiting time depends on the scale of the data you have on your SD card.
2. If you really want to sell your Android phone, it is advisable to perform the “Factory Reset”, which is also a built-in tool of the “Settings” app. By doing so, you can erase all the files and apps on your Android phone with ease.
Best Android SD Card Formatter Apps
If you want to delete just some of the apps from your Android phone, you can see some third party tools to help you. There are many such tools on the Internet, which are either compatible with the Android phone or the Windows computer or the Mac computer. In this article, I would like to recommend some high-score ones to you.
Tool 1. Airdroid
Some people may be confused about the name of this tool, which seems to the “Android” at first sight. Yes, the Airdroid is a nice tool for managing all the apps on the Android phone as well as deleting the unwanted apps from it. And you can find some other helpful functions of it after getting familiar with it. For example, you can create the copies for the files, send free messages, and see the information of your Android phone with this tool. It is easy to use this tool. You can just connect your Android phone to your computer with a USB cable, and then the Airdroid will offer you many instructions to help you finish the operation.
- 1. It enables you to transfer the files between your Android phone to your computer with ease.
- 2. It offers the versions for the Windows application, the Mac application, and the web application.
- 3. You can choose to connect your Android phone to your computer with a USB cable or through a wireless way.
- 1. It will take up a large part of the storage space on your computer.
- 2. When you use the wireless connection, you will find it automatically sync the files with your Android phone.
PS: if you are experiencing the issue of SD card won’t format, here are the top solutions for you.
Tool 2. Mobisynapse
Mobisynapse is a freeware for all the users. It is safe and efficient at the same time. And you can choose to connect your Android phone to your computer with a USB cable or with the WIFI, which is a simple solution when you cannot find a suitable USB cable. It helps you manage all the apps on your Android phone, and can monitor the system of your Android phone. Besides, you can use it to transfer the files to your computer or the Outlook account, including the messages, contacts, call logs, photos, audios, videos, and more.
- 1. You can sync the files to your computer or your Outlook account which makes it easier to get access to the files.
- 2. You can back up the files with this tool, and store the backup files on your computer.
- 3. Its interface is intuitive and friendly at the same time.
- 1. It may take up a lot of storage space on your computer.
- 2. The free version doesn’t support automatic syncing process.
Tool 3. MOBILedit
The MOBILedit is the last tool that I would like to introduce to you. It is also an application for the computer. But the good news is that, this tool does not support only the Android phone, which means that you can use it to manage the other phones like the iPhone and so on. And you can choose to connect your Android phone to your computer with a USB cable or via the WIFI or via the Bluetooth. After that, you can easily sync your photos, contacts, messages and other files to your computer without hassle. It also offers a shortcut for you to get access to the files that you have used recently.
- 1. You can manage the data on your Android phone with ease.
- 2. You can transfer the files from your Android phone to your computer or transfer from your computer to your Android phone.
- 3. It supports both the Android phone and the iPhone.
- 1. It is not free.
- 2. There is no web version of it.
Now, after the way to erase the SD card on your Android phone and the tools for deleting the apps from your Android phone, you may wonder if there is an application that can do both jobs for us. The answer is “YES”! You can use the dr.fone – Android Erase – All-In-One Android SD Card Formatter.
The dr.fone – Android Eraser is a professional tool for delete the files and apps unwanted on your phone or tablet permanently. Hereby, I have listed the main features of it for your reference:
- 1. It is compatible with both the Android devices and iOS devices (dr.fone – iOS Erase), including the mobile phone and tablets.
- 2. It helps you delete the junk files permanently.
- 3. It helps you remove the files that you don’t want.
- 4. It can erase all the data from your device and all the data is unrecoverable after that.
- 5. It improves the performance of your device.
#Permanently #Format #Card #Android #Phone