With the development of the iPhone, iPhone have become our important personal assistances in our normal life. We not only use our cell phone to communicate with each other, but also use it to capture our precious time, or storage our important data. Once all the important data gone, I think nothing can be more terrible than that. Therefore, you’d better back up your data on your iPhone regularly. For example, if you are an iOS user, there are several ways to help you back up your important files easily. You can do this work not just by using iTunes or iCloud, but also by using some efficient third-party software or app tools.
- Solution 1: Back up your iPhone data with iTunes
- Solution 2: Back up your iPhone data with iCloud
- Solution 3: Back up iPhone data with some effective apps
- Solution 4: Back up iPhone data with some effective software
Solution 1: Back up your iPhone data with iTunes
iTunes can back up almost everything in your iPhone, just like contacts, calendars, notes, messages, call history, keychain, network settings and so on. So it can be a good solution to back up your iPhone data with iTunes. And if you want to do this, please follow the guide below:
Back up data with iTunes in Windows:
- 1) Open iTunes on computer, and connect the iPhone to the computer.
- 2) After iTunes has detected your iPhone, you can see your device on the left, choose it.
- 3) In the Summary tab on the right, you will find a “Back Up Now” button there, click it, and the backup file will be created after a few minutes.
Back up data with iTunes in Mac
- 1) Just connect your iPhone to your Mac and then iTunes will be launched automatically (If not, you’d open it by yourself).
- 2) And click your device on the left, and then go to Summary tab. Click “Back Up Now” to create a backup file for your iPhone right now.
Tips: You can also encrypt the iPhone backup to protect your personal data. Also in the Summary tab, get the “Encrypt iPhone backups” checked. And if you encrypt your iPhone backup file, no one can extract the file unless he/she has the correct password. So do remember not to forget the password or you won’t be able to recover data from it.
Note: Unfortunately iTunes have no power to back up the purchased history, if you want to back up your purchased media files such as music and videos, you may have to turn to other backup tools. Just like dr.fone.
Solution 2: Back up your iPhone data with iCloud
If you have an iCloud account, you can also back up your iPhone data with it expediently. Firstly, of course, you need to register an iCloud account. And then you would get about 5GB space to store your personal data on the remote service including your back up files.
The steps of backup data with iCloud are also very simple:
- 1) Go to Settings, go to iCloud and then choose Storage & Backup.
- 2) Turn on the switch of iCloud Backup. After this step, your iPhone will back up your data automatically when plugged into a power source and under the WiFi circumstance.
The good news of backing up data with iCloud is that your back up files are all saved in the remote service, it is safer than saved in your local disk of your computer with iTunes. Besides, you can also restore the data with iCloud anywhere if necessary.
However, iCloud can only back up limited types of files, and the storage is limited as well. Of course you can extend your iCloud storage, but you may have to pay some money for it at the same time.
Solution 3: Back up iPhone data with some effective apps.
If iTunes and iCloud cannot meet your requirement, you can also turn to some third-party backup tools for help. Here are some free apps I recommend to you.
Dropbox is a totally free app which can help you backup your iPhone. It can give you 2GB free storage to save your pictures, videos and document files on the Dropbox cloud, letting you restore your data conveniently.
SOS Online Backup:
This is a little free backup app for iPhone users, and it is powerful as well. It can help you backup your contacts, photos and videos in iPhone to the remote storage. When sign up your SOS account, you would get 5GB free storage. If you want more, you may have to pay for it.
File Manager is also a free tool for iPhone users. Just as its name, it can not only help you back up your data with ease, but can help you manage your files conveniently. Actually, File Manager is a powerful all-in-one iPhone file manager tool, which can help you organize and protect your personal file well. Moreover, you can also create .zip or .rar files or transfer files from computer via WiFi. That is really amazing.
Backing up your files is not so complex if your iPhone hasn’t been jailbroken. However, if your iPhone has been jailbroken, you’d find another tool to help you make the backup. PKGBackup is such an app for jailbroken iPhone. It can help you backup apps, tweaks, jailbreak settings on your jailbroken iPhone in a simple way. If you already have a Dropbox account, you can also backup your data to it with PKGBackup. However, this amazing app is not free for use. You need to pay some money for it.
Solution 4: Back up iPhone data with some effective software
dr.fone – Backup&Restore:
The more effective way to make a backup for iPhone is to find some powerful computer software to help. Just like dr.fone – Backup&Restore (iOS). This amazing program will help you backup your photos, videos, contacts, text messages to computer safely in just 1-click. It supports for all iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/SE/6S/6S Plus/6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS on iOS 11/10/9/8/7/6/5. And you can download free trial version to have a try freely. You just need two simple steps:
- 1) Install dr.fone on your computer and run it. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- 2) After your device has been recognized by the program, you can see some options shown in the middle of the primary window such as music, photos and so on. Select all you want to backup and click the “Backup” button. And then all contents you want will be copied to the computer in a few minutes.
Note: dr.fone not only works for iPhone, iPod, iPad but also supports for Android and Symbian phone or tablet as well.
SharePod is also a good program to help iPhone users manage their personal files without iTunes. You can copy files from iPhone to computer easily by SharePod, vice versa. In other words, you can back up your files to the computer and restore them easily by using SharePod.
Above are all the 4 solutions to make a backup for your iPhone. You can choose one according to your situation, and have a try.
#Solutions #Backup #iPhone